The content below originally appeared in an email from the U.S. Census Bureau on Nov. 1, 2016.
American Community Survey Public Events in November
Call for Abstracts: 2017 ACS Data Users Conference
The 2017 American Community Survey (ACS) Data Users Conference will be held at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, VA on May 11-12, 2017. The Population Reference Bureau (PRB) is organizing next year’s conference in partnership with the U.S. Census Bureau. The conference will bring together ACS data users and staff from the U.S. Census Bureau to increase understanding of the value and utility of ACS data and to promote information sharing among data users about key ACS data issues and applications. The conference will include:
- Contributed presentations by ACS data users
- Invited sessions
- Hands-on training
- Roundtable discussions
- Opportunities for networking
Registration for the conference will be free for all participants. PRB is inviting abstracts on any topic relating to ACS data, but we are especially interested in presentations focused on:
- Innovations in visualizing/ mapping ACS data
- Combining ACS with administrative data
- Measuring change over time with ACS data
- Accuracy of ACS data: sampling and nonsampling issues
- ACS estimates for small geographic areas or small population groups: challenges and solutions
- ACS estimates for rural areas: challenges and solutions
- Aggregating ACS data for user-defined estimates and areas
- Utility of the ACS for private-sector applications
- ACS methods and survey design
- Presenting ACS data: practical guidelines for data users
- Using ACS data in population estimates and projections
For more information and to submit an abstract, visit https://acsdatacommunity.prb.org. The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2016.
National League of Cities City Summit
Visit the Census Bureau at the National League of Cities (NLC) City Summit. Census Bureau staff will be on hand in the exhibit space to answer questions and demonstrate how to access data for local communities.
Dates: Wednesday, November 16th to Friday, November 18th
Location: David L. Lawrence Convention Center-Pittsburgh, PA
Learn More: NLC City Summit
View the full ACS calendar of events.
The ACS provides reliable statistics that are used to make informed decisions about the future. These statistics are required by all levels of government to manage or evaluate a wide range of programs, but are also useful for research, business, education, journalism, and advocacy. If you have questions about this survey, please call our Customer Services Center on 1 (800) 923-8282.
American Community Survey Office
U.S. Census Bureau